A handyman is someone who is proficient in fixing different things, generally around the house. These jobs also go by names as part time jobs, odd jobs or fix-up duties. It requires trade skills, repair works, maintenance work and both inside and outside labor. It’s not necessarily a professional or a paid job though, since the work usually revolves around house, homeowners have learned to do the few tasks themselves. But not everything can be fixed by ourselves, most of it inevitably requires a specialist.
Common handyman jobs and services:
There are numerous services which require their expertise:
- Drywall Installation: Required during a home remodel or after a water damage remediation job. It necessitates expertise, precision and equipment.
- Fixture replacement: It includes regular fixtures around home like kitchen faucets, cabinets, lighting systems etc.
- Smart home upgrades installation: It includes smart home devices like thermostats, doorbells and sensors.
- Painting for the interior and the exterior: It is the most common job and it is a lot of work but it pays good money too
- Tile installation: This job requires right tools and experienced men.
- Power washing: Its A basic property maintenance which keeps the property clean and good looking. Though it might require some expensive equipment.
- Window Repair: This includes cleaning up broken glass and repairing or replacing the window frame.
- Small appliance repair: A very popular service and its good money.
Typical business expenses:
If you are thinking of starting a local handyman in Hebron business, you need to invest on tools and equipment, your work vehicle; since the job is a door to door service. Some specific work might require a license, so there comes licensing fees. The phone and internet also need to be considered. Then there’s the marketing budget because for your business to be successful it needs promotion. Pamphlets, going door to door or making websites are a few ways to spread the word about your business.
Is it profitable?
The national average salary for a handyman in India is 12000\-. And globally, according to a survey of 1000 small business owners, handyman and contractors make $25000 to &75000 annually in 2021.
There’s no fixed rates, they charges according to their factors. Some charge hourly and some charge based on the job and equipment. There’s a freedom in this profession and since past few years it’s been growing tremendously. The industry is growing profitable by the day.