If the spouse of a British resident spouse lives outside the United Kingdom, it is possible to live with them in their land via spouse visa. Also called Marriage Visa, this visa comes in the category of Family Visa and may be availed with the help of uk visa services. It allows you to stay with your fiancé or spouse for as long as six months continuously. However, you need to pay attention to certain requirements before you can apply for one, which we shall discuss here.
What are the eligibility criteria for a UK spouse visa?
If you want to join your spouse in the UK, you need to qualify for it. The foremost thing to count is that the applicant must be more than 18 years old since the law here does not acknowledge marriages under 18. Further, you need to abide by the following:
- Civil partnership or marriage is recognized in the United Kingdom.
- The marital relation must be minimum of 2 years old at the time of visa application.
- One of the spouses must be British.
- In the case of a fiancé, you will need to yield proof that you would tie a knot within six months.
- In the case of a civil partnership, you need to show evidence of your entering into the partnership within 6 months.
- The person applying for a spouse apply uk spouse visa hk must conform to the English language requisites.
So, these were certain requirements posed by the institutions of visa services. Fulfil them appropriately before heading for the application.